Beetroot and Kidney Beans with Polenta (MICROWAVE)
- Serves: 1
- Preparation and cooking time: 10 minutes
- Note: My microwave is 700w, you may need to vary times and settings for your own.
- Half a 250g or 300g vacuum pack of cooked beetroot
- Half a 420g tin of kidney beans, drained and rinsed (about 120g drained)
- 1 rounded teaspoon of tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar
- 4 or 5 pitted kalamata or black olives, cut into halves
- 3 level tablespoons of polenta
- 150ml water
- Mix the vinegar and tomato puree in a large-ish bowl, mix in a bit of water if you think it's a bit thick. This is the dressing for the beetroot.
- Put the beetroot in the bowl, and chop it up with a knife and fork. Give it a stir so that it is covered with the dressing.
- Stir in the olives and kidney beans so that everything is well covered with the dressing.
- Put the polenta and water in a jug that will hold 500ml (it will bubble up).
- Cover the jug with a small plate and cook in the microwave on medium high power for 2 minutes.
- Stir the polenta and repeat step 5 above.
- Pour the polenta onto a plate and serve with the beetroot mix.