Black Eyed Beans With Buckwheat Mini-breads (MICROWAVE)
- Serves: 1
- Preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
- Note: You'll need a hand blender for this recipe. My microwave is 700w, you may need to vary times and settings for your own.
- Half a 420g tin of black eyed beans, drained and rinsed (about 120g drained)
- 1 clove of finely chopped garlic or half a level teaspoon of garlic granules/powder
- 1 level teaspoon of dried parsley
- Half a lemon
- 1 rounded teaspoon of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, chia seeds or ground flaxseeds
- 3 level tablespoons of buckwheat flour
- 1 small/medium carrot or some cucumber, cut into sticks
- Peel the lemon and put the segments into a bowl along with the garlic and parsley. Give it a stir so that it is well mixed.
- Add the black eyed beans and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the seeds.
- Put the the buckwheat flour into a separate small bowl. Mix in water, a teaspoon at a time, until it's stiff enough to form a ball.
- Roll it into a sausage shape and cut into 3 equal sized pieces. You can do this all with a spoon and knife so that you don't need to get your fingers sticky.
- Put the pieces of dough on a large plate and equally space them near the outside edge of the plate.
- Bash the pieces flat with the back of a spoon so that they are about 2mm thick.
- Put the plate in the microwave and cook for 1 minute on full power. The mini-breads should come off the plate easily, if not then cook them for a few more seconds.
- Serve the mini-breads and carrot/cucumber sticks with black eyed beans.