Chestnut and Sweetcorn Cakes (MICROWAVE)
- Serves: 1
- Preparation and cooking time: 15 minutes
- Note: You'll also need 4 paper cup cake cases. My microwave is 700w, you may need to vary times and settings for your own.
- 3 level tablespoons of chestnut flour
- 1 level tablespoon of gram flour
- 1 teaspoon of vinegar
- Half a 325g tin of sweetcorn, drained (about 130g drained); you could use frozen instead
- 1 rounded teaspoon of chopped cashews, almonds or hazelnuts (about 5g)
- 1/8 level teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate
- Some salad leaves (optional)
- Put the chestunut flour, gram flour and vinegar into a bowl and add 3 tablespoons of water, mix well so that there are no lumps.
- If you are using frozen sweetcorn, pour boiling water over it to defrost it and drain.
- Add the sweetcorn and nuts to the flour mixture.
- Put 4 paper cup cake cases on a large plate, space them equally around the outer edge of the plate.
- Add the sodium bicarbonate to the flour mixture and mix it in well.
- Pour the mixture into the cup cake cases.
- Cook on full power for 3 minutes.
- The tops should be firm to touch when cooked, if they are still wet then cook them for a bit longer.
- When cooked, take off the paper cases and serve on a plate with the optional salad leaves.