Courgette and Stilton Soup
- Serves: 1
- Preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
- Note: You'll need a hand blender for this recipe.
- 1 medium sized courgette (about 200g)
- 1 good vegetable stock cube or half a level tablespoon of vegetable stock powder/granules
- 50g stilton
- Rice cakes, oat cakes or toast to serve on the side
- Put the kettle on, you need about 400ml of water.
- Chop the courgette and put it with the stock into a pan.
- Once the kettle has boiled, add about 400ml boiling water to the pan. The amount is not exact, it depends how liquidy you like your soup. Stir until the stock has dissolved.
- Put the lid on, put the pan on a medium heat and set your kitchen timer for 15 minutes. When it starts to bubble, it needs to bubble gently (more than simmer, but not furious).
- Chop the stilton into small pieces.
- When 15 minutes have passed, take the pan off the heat, add the stilton and blend until smooth with a hand blender.
- Serve the soup with rice cakes, oat cakes or toast.