Creamy Mushroom Pasta (MICROWAVE)
- Serves: 1
- Preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
- Note: My microwave is 700w, you may need to vary times and settings for your own.
- I handful of penne or macaroni (about 30g)
- 3 level tablespoons of gram flour
- 1 level teaspoon of tahini
- Half a teaspoon of mustard powder
- 1 level teaspoon of yeast extract
- 2 medium mushrooms (sliced)
- Put the pasta in a high sided bowl that will hold around 500ml (so that the water doesn't boil over).
- Add 200ml water to the pasta.
- Cover the bowl with a plate and cook in the microwave for 2 minutes on full power, then let it stand for 2 minutes.
- Repeat step 3 above.
- Put the gram flour and tahini in a glass or mug and add 3 tablespoons of water, mix well so that there are no lumps.
- When the pasta is cooked, spoon out the pasta into another container trying not to take any water with it. You will add the pasta back in later.
- Stir the yeast extract into the remaining water so that it dissolves.
- Add the gram flour mix to the water and give it a quick stir.
- Cook the water in the microwave on full power for 2 minutes - every 30 seconds, stop the microwave and stir to remove any lumps. After 2 minutes you should have a nice creamy sauce.
- Add the pasta and mushrooms to the sauce.
- Cover with a plate and cook in the microwave on full power for another 1-2 minutes so that it is all hot.
- Stir and serve.