- Serves: 1
- Preparation and cooking time: 25 minutes
- 30g macaroni
- 100g frozen peas (if you don't like peas, you can add more pasta instead)
- 2 level tablespoons of wheat free flour or cornflour
- 2 generous teaspoons of milk powder
- 40g grated cheese, but leave a little aside for sprinkling
- Half a level teaspoon of yellow mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 250ml water
- Cook the macaroni as per the instructions on the packet, 3 minutes before the pasta is due to finish cooking add the peas so that they cook with it, drain and put to one side.
- Put everything else (except the cheese) in the pan you have just used and whisk together well so that there are not lums.
- Heat gently, stirring all the time until it thickens.
- Stir in the cheese so that it has all melted.
- Stir in the macaroni and peas so that they are well covered in the sauce.
- Pour the mix into a heat proof dish.
- Sprinkle with the grated cheese you left aside and place under the grill until golden brown.