Pasta with Tomato and Haricot Beans (MICROWAVE)
- Serves: 1
- Preparation and cooking time: 15 minutes
- Note: My microwave is 700w, you may need to vary times and settings for your own.
- 1 handful of penne or macaroni (about 30g)
- Half a 410g tin of haricot beans, drained and rinsed (about 120g drained)
- Half a 400g tin/carton of chopped tomatoes (about 200g)
- 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped) or half a level teaspoon of garlic granules/powder
- 1 or 2 fork fulls of capers
- Half level teaspoon of dried parsley
- Half level teaspoon of dried basil
- Half level teaspoon of dried oregano
- Some yeast flakes, such as Marigold Health Foods Engevita Yeast Flakes, for sprinkling (optional)
- Put everything (except the yeast flakes) into a high sided bowl that will hold 500ml - it will bubble up during cooking.
- Cover the bowl with a plate and cook in the microwave on full power for 2 minutes.
- Let it stand for 3 minutes.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 above.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 above again.
- Give it a stir and sprinkle with yeast flakes if desired.