Pea and Pasta Omlet
- Serves: 1
- Preparation and cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 egg
- 100g frozen peas
- 1 handful of macaroni (about 30g)
- 1 teaspoon of oil for frying
- Cook the macaroni as per the instructions on the packet, but 2 minutes before the end of cooking time add the peas to the water so that they also cook. Drain and put to one side.
- Whisk the egg.
- Add the pasta and peas to the egg and mix well.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, the oil needs to be very hot.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan and spread it out to an even thickness.
- Cover with a lid and let it cook on a medium heat until the top is firm, this usually takes about 5 minutes.
- Turn the omlet, put the lid back on and let it cook for a further 2-3 minutes so that the other side is nicely browned.