Quinoa and Lentil Soup (MICROWAVE)
- Serves: 1
- Preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
- Note: My microwave is 700w, you may need to vary times and settings for your own.
- 1 handful of quinoa (about 30g)
- I handful split red lenils (about 30g)
- 50g to 100g frozen peas (depending on how much you like peas)
- Half a level tablespoon dessicated coconut
- 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped) or half a level teaspoon of garlic granules/powder
- Half a level teaspoon of dried parsley
- 1 level teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 level teaspoon of garam masala
- 2 or 3 teaspoons of soy sauce according to taste (I like tamari)
- Put everything (except the peas and soy sauce) into a high sided bowl that will hold 500ml - it will bubble up during cooking.
- Add 350ml water and give it a stir.
- Cover the bowl with a plate and cook in the microwave on full power for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the peas.
- Cover the bowl with a plate and cook in the microwave on medium power for 12 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce and serve.