Rice and Lentil Soup
- Serves: 1
- Preparation and cooking time: 30 minutes
- Note: Cooking time assumes that the brown rice is par-boiled and cooking time on the packet says 25-30 minutes.
- 1 handful of brown rice (about 30g)
- 2 handfuls of split red lentils ( about 60g)
- 1 level tablespoon of dessicated coconut
- 1 good vegetable stock cube or half a level tablespoon of vegetable stock powder/granules
- Put the kettle on, you need about 500ml of water.
- Put the rice, lentils, coconut and stock into a pan.
- Once the kettle has boiled, add about 500ml boiling water to the pan. The amount is not exact, it depends how liquidy you like your soup. Stir until the stock has dissolved.
- Put the lid on, put the pan on a medium heat and set your kitchen timer for 25 minutes. When it starts to bubble, it needs to bubble gently (more than simmer, but not furious).
- When 25 minutes have passed, turn off the heat and let it stand for 5 minutes.
If your brown rice is not par-boiled, cook for 45 minutes instead of 25.