Spaghetti with Cashew Nut Pesto
- Serves: 1
- Preparation and cooking time: 15 minutes
- 70g spaghetti
- 20g of cashew nuts
- 3 rounded teaspoons of tomato puree
- 1 clove of garlic (finely chopped) or half a level teaspoon of garlic granules/powder
- 1 level teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 level teaspoon of dried parsley
- Some yeast flakes, such as Marigold Health Foods Engevita Yeast Flakes, or grated parmesan cheese for sprinkling (optional)
- Cook the spaghetti as per the instructions on the packet.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, make the pesto by crushing all the remaining ingredients together with a pestle and mortar into a smooth paste.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, drain and put back into the pan. Keep a little of the drained water aside.
- With the pan off the heat, add the pesto and stir in gently so that the spaghetti is nicely coated. If it's a bit thick, add some of the drained water you put aside.
- Serve and sprinkle with yeast flakes or parmesan (if desired).