- Serves: 1
- Day before preparation time: 5 minutes
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Note: 5 minutes the day before is so that the frozen spinach has a chance to defrost. You could always use fresh, or defrost the spinach in the microwave if you forget.
- 1 egg
- 3 level tablespoons of flour
- 200ml water
- 50g frozen spinach (if your frozen spinach comes in cubes, 50g is usually 1 cube)
- 40-50g grated cheese
- 1 teaspoon of oil for frying
The Day Before
- Weigh out the spinach and move it from the freezer to the fridge to defrost.
On the Day
- Whisk the egg and water together well.
- Whisk in more water to make the mixture up to 300ml.
- Put 2 thirds of the mixture in tubs for another day, you only need a third of it. You can freeze it, just remember to move it from the freezer to the fridge the day before you need it.
- Whisk the flour into the remaining third of mixture.
- Stir the spinach into the mixture.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, the oil needs to be very hot.
- Pour the spinach batter into the pan and cover with a lid. Let it cook on a medium heat until the top is firm, this usually takes about 5 minutes.
- Turn the pancake over and sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.
- Put the lid back on and let it cook for a further 5 minutes so that the cheese is all melted.