Sweet Potato with Houmous (MICROWAVE)
- Serves: 1
- Preparation and cooking time: 15 minutes
- Note: You'll need a hand blender for this recipe. My microwave is 700w, you may need to vary times and settings for your own.
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 200g)
- Half a 400g tin of chick peas, drained and rinsed (about 120g drained)
- 1 cloves of garlic (finely chopped), or half a level teaspoon of garlic granules/powder
- 1 level teaspoon dried parsley
- Half a lemon
- 1 rounded teaspoon of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, chia seeds or ground flaxseeds
- Replace the sweet potato with a regular potato
- Replace the chick peas with butter beans
- Clean the sweet potato well and cut off the knarly end bits; prick the skin with a fork or knife.
- Put the sweet potato in a bowl along with a glass of water. If the glass of water won't fit in the bowl, it can sit next to it.
- Cook the sweet potato, along with the glass of water, in the microwave on full power for 5 minutes.
- While the sweet potato is cooking make the houmous, as follows.
- Peel the lemon and put the segments into a bowl along with the chickpeas, garlic and parsley.
- Blend until smooth.
- Stir in the seeds.
- When the sweet potato has had 5 minutes, stick a fork into it to check that it's cooked; it should be soft and easy to stick the fork into. If not then turn it over and cook for another 3 or 4 minutes.
- When the sweet potato is done, serve with the houmous.