Tomato and Lentil Soup (MICROWAVE)
- Serves: 1
- Preparation and cooking time: 20 minutes
- Note: A hand blender for this recipe is optional. My microwave is 700w, you may need to vary times and settings for your own.
- Half a 400g tin/carton of chopped tomatoes (about 200g)
- I handful (about 30g) split red lenils
- 20 sticks of spaghetti (about 15g) broken into small pieces about 2cm long.
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped) or 1 level teaspoon of garlic granules/powder
- 2 level teaspoons of dried parsley
- 2 level teaspoons of dried oregano
- 2 level teaspoons of dried basil
- Half a red bell pepper, finely chopped (optional)
- Put the tomatoes into a high sided bowl that will hold 500ml - it will bubble up during cooking.
- If you have a hand blender, blend until smooth.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Add 250ml water and give it a stir.
- Cover the bowl with a plate and cook in the microwave on full power for 5 minutes.
- Turn the power down to medium and cook for 10 minutes.