Tomato Soup with Chestnut Flatbread
- Serves: 1
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Tomato Soup
- 500ml tomato juice
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped) or 1 teaspoon of garlic granules/powder
- 1 level teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 level teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 level teaspoon of dried parsley
- 3 tablespoons of flour
- 2 tablespoons of chestnut flour
- 1 generous desertspoon of grated cheese (about 20g) (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of oil for frying
- Mix the flours together with a little water to make a soft dough.
- Place a piece of cling film on a plate, this is to stop the flatbread from sticking to the plate.
- Press the dough onto the cling film making a thin round, about 2mm thick.
- Mix together the soup ingredients in a pan. Put it on a medium heat so that it has a chance to heat up while you are cooking the flatbread.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, the oil needs to be very hot.
- Put the flat bread in the pan and sprinkle the cheese (if using) evenly over the top.
- Cook the flat bread for 4-5 minutes.
- Turn it over and cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Cut it into wedges or rectangles and serve with the soup.
Tip: If you have a microwave, you can put the soup into a bowl and heat it in the microwave instead. It takes about 3 minutes on full power.