Tomato Soup with Dumplings (MICROWAVE)
- Serves: 1
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes, or 4 minutes in the microwave
- Note: You will need a grinder or something that will finely grate. If using a microwave, my microwave is 700w so you may need to vary times and settings for your own.
- Tomato Soup
- 500ml tomato juice
- 2 cloves of garlic (finely chopped) or 1 teaspoon of garlic granules/powder
- 1 level teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 level teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 level teaspoon of dried parsley
- 4 ryvita crispbreads
- 3 brazil nuts
- Half a 300g tin of carrots, drained (160g drained)
- Grind or finely grate the crispbreads and brazil nuts and mix together.
- Mash the carrots and mix well with the crispbreads and brazil nuts, it should make a thick dough.
- Mould the dough into 8 equally sized dumplings.
- Mix together the soup ingredients in a pan and gently place the dumplings in the soup.
- Heat gently until the soup and dumplings are nicely hot - this usually takes about 15 minutes.
As per the method above, but instead of placing all the ingredients in a pan place them in a high sided bowl that will easily hold 500ml. Cook on full power for 4 minutes. If not quite hot enough cook for another minute.