Vegetable Soup with Rice Cakes
- Serves: 1
- Preparation and cooking time: 25 minutes
- Note: You'll need a hand blender for this recipe.
- 160g frozen vegetables such as brussel sprouts, swede, brocolli or cauliflower
- 1 good vegetable stock cube or half a level tablespoon of vegetable stock powder/granules
- 100g cream cheese
- 3 rice cakes
- Put the kettle on, you need about 400ml of water.
- Put the vegetables and stock into a pan.
- Once the kettle has boiled, add about 400ml boiling water to the pan. The amount is not exact, it depends how liquidy you like your soup. Stir until the stock has dissolved.
- Put the lid on, put the pan on a medium heat and set your kitchen timer for 20 minutes. When it starts to bubble, it needs to bubble gently (more than simmer, but not furious).
- When 20 minutes have passed, take the pan off the heat and blend until smooth with a hand blender.
- Spread the cream cheese on the rice cakes.
- Serve the soup with the rice cakes.